Funny Text Pranks to Send to Friends: Top 5
Okay, who here is guilty of being glued to their phone 24/7? (For those of you not raising your hands, I know you’re lying!) We are CONSTANTLY on our phones… making it the perfect way to get your friends good! Here are some funny text pranks to send to friends that will make all of you laugh! Just remember to not keep the joke running too long — a played out joke stops being funny after awhile, and you don’t want your friends to worry or get upset.
And while you’re at it, since you’ll be staring at your phone so much, you might want to get some blue light glasses to protect your eyes.
So now, are you ready to have some fun? Of course you are! Let’s go!
Funny Prank Text Messages
There are so many text pranks you can do to your friends that are funny and not mean. Here are some ideas:
1. Be a Bot — Create a message that seems like it could be from a bot, and when your friend texts you, copy and paste your canned response over and over until your friend figures it out.
2. Go Crazy with GIFs — When your friend texts you, respond with GIFs. ONLY with GIFs.
3. Love Those Lyrics — Pick a song, and when your friend texts you, only respond with song lyrics. As your conversation continues, they’ll wonder what’s up, especially when you start responding with the chorus!
4. The Dreaded Typing Bubble — Text your friend that you have something BIG to tell them! Then text them a GIF of the texting bubble. You know what that is… those annoying little three dots on your phone that mean someone is texting you back but haven’t finished their message yet! Your friend will keep looking at their phone and wonder why your message is taking so long… until they figure out it’s just a picture!
5. Random Fact Generator — When your friend texts you, thank them for signing up for random facts. Whenever they text you after that, respond with a silly random fact, either real or made up. Let your imagination go wild!
Funny Prank Text Ideas
You’ve got the funny text pranks to send to friends. How about funny text pranks to DO to friends? Here’s some great, silly ideas that will surprise your friends the next time they pick up their phones.
Do you have that friend who always uses the same text phrases? If you can get a hold of your friend’s phone, one of the funniest things you could do is change their shortcuts. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement and do something silly, like changing “LOL” into “I love tacos” (because who doesn’t?).
While you’ve got your friend’s phone in hand, you can also replace their home screen wallpaper with a picture of a cracked screen. And just hope that the next time they pick up their phone, you’re around to catch their freaked out reaction!
Funny April Fools Pranks Text
What are some funny text pranks to send to friends for April Fool’s Day?
While it might be harder to prank your friends on April 1 — after all, everything is a little bit sus that day! — there are still some things you can do that just might prank them perfectly!
When someone texts you, you can pretend you have no idea who they are. Who’s this? Oh, I’m sorry, you must have the wrong number!
Freak your friends out by making them think they forgot something important. Text them in the morning as their day is just getting started. “Good luck on your test!” or “Good luck with your big presentation!” Even if there’s nothing special going on for them that day, they’ll have a moment where they wonder if they were supposed to do something or be somewhere important.
Send them a picture of a cute kitten or puppy with a text, “Guess who just joined the family!” They’ll either be super supportive or a little worried (especially if you live with them and didn’t tell them you were adopting a pet!), but even after you come clean, this one is still a win for everyone. Who doesn’t love a cute kitten or puppy picture?
Now that you have some ideas for funny text pranks to send to friends, I hope you have fun putting these ideas to work. I love you all so much! Stay awesome, stay sweet, and don’t forget to be nice to each other. Bye bye!
Categories: Just For Fun